May 14, 2019

BIM DIARY: WEEK 07

This week was a fresh start going back to Revit from Lumion.

My sensei finally got me into a real-time project, a project which undergoing KM process and preparing tender at the same time. I was assigned to work on window schedule with the leader in the team.

At first I thought it was a fast process- since the Revit should be more effective when it comes to documentation, well that was what I had in mind, not until I got into the real scenario. The reality is that, it will only be easy if the element is a window itself, one can simply obtain information like plans, window types, and all other data, easily generated in one click away. But in many cases especially in commercial projects, curtain walls are created for a project and yes, those ain't no windows.

Then I learned using their tricks and extra effort to generate schedule for such curtain walls using sections, a lot of hiding and revealing unrelated elements, create sheet, and then drag each and every wall one at a time into the sheet. I have to say it was pretty handful. It was doable, but quite troublesome if there are great amount of curtain walls to cut section.

So,

I thought I had a much higher expectation for Revit's efficiency performance. But I should not make a definite judgeent based on just one day experience, it is afrerall a complex software. Stay tunned.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...